Ways of Giving to Walking Mountains
The miracle is this, the more we share the more we have.
Walking Mountains relies on gifts from individuals for 65% of our income. These funds are used to provide over 2,800 school children annually with experiential, outdoor programs in 20 schools, which are offered at a minimal price, since 85% of the cost of the programs is covered through generous gifts to the Annual Fund.
Grants from local, regional and national foundations, corporations and government provide the balance of our program cost, enabling us to continue programs like our middle school biodiversity expeditions. natural science field studies, and our popular summer science camps. No child is excluded from participation due to inability to pay, and we are able to meet requests for scholarship assistance because of your generosity.
Membership at Walking Mountains
Your membership gift to Walking Mountains Science Center supports our non-profit mission: To awaken a sense of wonder and inspire environmental stewardship through natural science education. Membership contributions at all levels are designated for the Walking Mountains Annual Fund that supports our programming and general operations of the Science Center. Your Walking Mountains membership is especially important now that our new campus in Avon is open, as it enables us to continue to provide school and community programming for students, residents, and visitors AND have the Science Center open to the public six days a week from 10 am to 6 pm with no admission charge. We look forward to welcoming you into our Walking Mountains family and thanking you for your generosity by offering you exclusive membership-only privileges.
There are four ways to make your membership gift in support of Walking Mountains Science Center’s Annual Fund:
- Your personal check mailed to Walking Mountains, PO Box 9469, Avon, CO 81620
- By credit card – we accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express – call us with your credit card information
- By transfer of stock – please call the Development Department at 970.827.9725 for instructions
- Make a secure gift on line
All gifts to Walking Mountains are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Colorado Childcare Contribution Tax Credit
All gifts to Walking Mountains qualify for the Colorado Childcare Tax Credit as follows:
- The Colorado Childcare Contribution Tax Credit has been suspended for 2011 and 2012; however, donations made to Walking Mountains in 2011 and 2012 are eligible for the credit when general fund appropriations increase by at least 6% from the previous year. This is projected to be in TY2013. All donations in TY2011 and TY2012 have the potential to be fully eligible for the CCTC at that time.
- Walking Mountains will provide you with the required documentation for all of your CCTC-eligible contributions from the suspended years when the tax credit is reinstated.
You can help Walking Mountains Science Center secure a stable future for the years ahead by including the Center in your estate plans. The simplest way to provide a lasting legacy to Walking Mountains is to leave a bequest in your will. By doing so, you will enrich the lives of the children, adults, and families who visit the Center and participate in our activities for generations to come. For more information on creating your legacy at Walking Mountains visit our planned giving page or just call Doug Dusenberry at 970.306.0561 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Walking Mountains Pavers
A Walking Mountains paver is a lasting and meaningful way to honor or memorialize a family member, colleague or special occasion. Pavers come in two sizes and are permanently installed on our campus in the covered walkway next to the Mountain Discovery Center. We notify the recipient or their family of your generosity and thoughtfulness without mentioning the amount. This is a perfect idea for holiday giving, Mother’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Make your Walking Mountains paver purchase by clicking HERE.
Walking Mountains Science Center annually brings our mountain ecology into focus for over 29,000 Eagle County residents and visitors from across the globe through our displays and programs. Financial support from corporations and small businesses helps make our broad impact and unmatched visitor experience possible by underwriting the costs of program development for children, adults and families. Your company’s support of the Science Center helps enable us to:
- provide education to over 3,000 Eagle County students at 20 public and private schools to help them meet district and state standards in science
- sustain invaluable programs such as Girls in Science, Avon In-School, and summer science camps
- maintain our displays and create new means of sharing the natural world with visitors
Not only does your corporate sponsorship support help provide a stable financial future for Walking Mountains Science Center and our programs, it also demonstrates your commitment to quality of life and exemplary science education in our community. Business contributors to Walking Mountains receive recognition for their support in a variety of ways such as advertising and promotion associated with events, listings in our publications and on our web site, and opportunities for your staff to become more involved in the Science Center’s programs and activities. Please contact Nancy Shane to discuss business partnerships with the Science Center. We look forward to working with you!
Please direct all contribution inquiries to:
Nancy Shane, Annual Gift Officer, email@example.com or 970.306.0286 or
Doug Dusenberry, Director of Major and Planned Gifts, firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 306-0561