Job Title: Early Childhood Instructor, Part-Time
Location: 318 Walking Mountains Lane, Avon CO 81620
Compensation: $22 per hour
Application Deadline: August 9, 2019
Founded in 1998, Walking Mountains Science Center’s mission is to awaken a sense of wonder and inspire environmental stewardship and sustainability through natural science education. As part of a dynamic organization, you are part of a team of like-minded, spirited colleagues who are passionate about the mission of Walking Mountains and the impact it’s making in the community.
The instructor will plan, prepare and teach place-based, early childhood environmental education programs throughout the Eagle Valley, up to 20 hours per week. The instructor will represent Walking Mountains Science Center and its mission in the organization’s contract and partner programs for an early childhood audience. The instructor will help expand the ECEE programming to underserved populations, especially to Spanish-speaking audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct regular early childhood environmental education (ECEE) programming at a variety of preschools and partner locations
- Work with a variety of program audiences, from students ages 2-6 to families with young children to provide environmental education to underserved audiences in the Eagle Valley
- Present environmental education and natural science content in an engaging, developmentally appropriate manner
- Collaborate with the Community Programs Manager to create and improve ECEE curriculum and program options
- Prepare programs with the appropriate materials, props, tools, etc.
- Recruit and promote family participation in programs and help to expand partnerships for ECEE
- Facilitate evaluations of students and other program participants
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Degree or certificate in early childhood education, education, natural science, or similar or equivalent experience;
- At least 2 years of early childhood education experience;
- Fluent in Spanish and English languages;
- Able to drive between program sites within Eagle County;
- Enthusiasm for the natural world and sharing and exploring nature with children;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Walking Mountains hires friendly, energetic, and professional people;
- Able to work independently, be organized, and manage time well