Job Title: Energy Programs Associate
Department: Sustainability Programs
Location: 318 Walking Mountains Lane, Avon CO 81620
Reports To: Energy Programs Director
Date Posted: 3/25/2019
Application Deadline: 4/18/2019
To Apply: Please upload a current resume, cover letter, the completed Walking Mountains Application (download here) with contact information for 3 professional references using the form at the bottom of this page.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1998, Walking Mountains Science Center’s mission is to “awaken a sense of wonder and inspire environmental stewardship and sustainability through natural science education.” As part of a dynamic organization, you are part of a team of like-minded, spirited colleagues who are passionate about the mission of Walking Mountains and the impact it’s making in the community. For more information, please visit our website at www.walkingmountains.org.
This is a full-time position who works closely with all Energy Programs team members, and often with other employees in the organization, to fulfill the strategic objective of Walking Mountains Science Center’s Sustainability Programs Department, to “act as an agent of change to improve the social, economic, and environmental resilience of the Eagle County community. We serve as a resource and education hub to inspire action from local to global.” This position plays an important role in the day-to-day operations of the Energy Smart Colorado residential and business program, and reports to the Energy Programs Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Energy Programs Outreach
- Participate in outreach events including “tabling” the Energy Smart booth/table
- Participate in Energy Smart team calls and meetings
- Create the Energy Programs email newsletter with direction and guidance from Energy Programs team
- Distribute outreach materials (flyers, cards) and hang posters as needed
- Other program planning and outreach as needed
Energy Programs Administration
- Perform data management in Salesforce and Formstack, including generating reports, updating forms, and data entry for Energy Programs and Actively Green
- Provide high-quality customer service helping customers navigate our Energy Programs offerings
- Supply homes and businesses with technical support and resources
- Connect people with available rebates and financing programs
- Process payment requests for assessments, rebates, and general invoices, and mail
- Create folders and pull specific documentation for assessment requests, and other work in Dropbox
- Assist with customer enrollment process for energy assessments
- Assist with Quick Fix (residential direct installs) inventory
- Assist with keeping the “Energy Smart Resource Center” and local distribution of materials up to date
- Update workflows for the department with direction for the Energy Programs Director
- Assist with the commercial energy program, including scheduling appointments and supporting Actively Green energy work
- Schedule and assist with energy walkthroughs requested through our utility partners
- Assist with energy efficiency educational home visits, as needed
- Participate in regular Walking Mountains’ staff and committee meetings
- Participate in Walking Mountains’ staff events and retreats as needed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. We work as a team throughout this organization and through communication with your supervisor, should help out as needed.
- BA/BS degree, preferably with a focus on green building, building science, sustainable design, environmental science, sustainability, or other related field
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to homes and businesses, occasionally carrying heavy equipment
- Desired general knowledge of building science, a home energy assessment and equipment involved
- Experience using computers and software including Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, Salesforce, and Dropbox
- Positive, self-motivated, organized and creative person who can work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work variable hours with occasional weekend or evening responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to communicate with a variety of audiences
Location of work will primarily be in an office environment with occasional meetings and events. There may be occasional site visits to homes and businesses throughout the Eagle Valley. Local travel is required with a company vehicle often available for use.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salary range for this position is $30,000-$33,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include: medical and dental insurance and 401K retirement plan with match. Also included are 15 days paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, and 12 sick days per year.
Nikki Maline, Energy Programs Director, at email@example.com, 970.827.9725 x135, or PO Box 9461 Avon, CO 81620