Webinar: Cold Climate Heat Pumps, Considerations for New Homes
In this one-hour workshop, homeowners will learn the different heat pump systems available for implementation in a new single-family home. We will focus on comparing the benefits of various heat pump-based system options vs the traditional heating/cooling options. Topics will include:
- How heat pumps are now a viable and beneficial heating option for homeowners in the high country
- How to effectively work with contractors to get a quality system that meets your expectations
- Advantages of various heat pump systems: ducted, mini-split and radiant floor
- Economics of heat pumps vs. propane or natural gas in new homes
- New ways to think about design
- Questions to ask and pitfalls to avoid
- Rebate programs & local incentives
There will be an opportunity for questions at the end of the presentation. A ZOOM link will be sent with confirmation & reminder emails.
This webinar was made possible by the following entities: Holy Cross Energy, Energy Smart Colorado, The Beneficial Electrification League of Colorado, Walking Mountains Science Center, Garfield Clean Energy, High Country Conservation Center, and The Community Office for Resource Efficiency.