Job Opening – Bi-lingual Marketing & Communication Coordinator (Spanish language focused)
Job Title: Bi-lingual Marketing & Communication Coordinator(Spanish language focused)
Location: 318 Walking Mountains Lane, Avon CO 81620
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: 6/15/22
To Apply: Please complete the application at the bottom of the page.
Founded in 1998, Walking Mountains Science Center’s mission is to awaken a sense of wonder and inspire environmental stewardship and sustainability through natural science education. As part of a dynamic organization, you are part of a team of like-minded, spirited colleagues who are passionate about the mission of Walking Mountains and the impact it’s making in the community.
The Marketing & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Marketing Communications Director develop and implement strategic marketing as it relates to community initiatives such as EVOM. Specific tactics will focus on outreach to our Spanish-speaking residents to increase program participation while elevating Walking Mountains’ brand visibility throughout Eagle County and beyond. This position will spend 50% of their time on EVOM marketing efforts and 50% of their time on Walking Mountains general marketing efforts ( including the Colorado Health Foundation project, prioritizing outreach in Spanish and marketing strategies that engage our Spanish-speaking residents).
EVOM specific responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Manage social media- Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram (posting updates, content, pictures etc.)
- Manage Vail Daily EVOM Corner- organizing content from partners, translating and writing
- Oversee website content for accuracy, basic search engine optimization, and user interface in order to maintain and improve the website as the primary tool for communication and program enrollment.
- Manage website chat function- interact daily with Spanish speaking website users
- Manage partner shared calendar- coordinating with partners, getting dates on the calendar
- Marketing- creating fliers and other collateral materials
- Weekly meeting- EVOM check-in/marketing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Marketing & Communications Manager to create and translate publications and collateral including but not limited to program brochures and fliers & print/digital ads. Ensure all materials are culturally relevant.
- Coordinate with internal teams to create and publish content in Spanish and maintain relationships with user communities on multiple platforms.
- Help coordinate and schedule radio ads, local TV interviews, and other media opportunities.
- Work with partner websites to ensure our full program lineup is accurate and linking back to the Walking Mountains website.
- Work with program teams to write and distribute blog posts that promote programs in Spanish.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in a relevant field.
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team player and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines.
- Nonprofit or marketing/communication/digital background.
- Graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working with content management websites (WordPress) and relevant social media sites.
- Experience working with email sending clients like MailChimp, Constant Contact or HubSpot.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Natural history, earth science, sustainability, or education passion or background.
- This position is offices primarily out of the Walking Mountains campus in Avon in an open office environment, indoors.
- Some minor travel may be required to satellite locations of program locations
- Hiking or snowshoeing to capture photos/videos of programs is encouraged.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range $42,000-$53,000
- Full Heath, Dental, Vision
- 401K match program
- Discounted ski pass
- Discounted WMSC programs
- Early access to WMSC event registration
- Access to discounted clothing and gear programs
- 15 days PTO in the first year, including two days for volunteer opportunities and 10 days of sick leave for you or to care for a member of your immediate family.
Gina Van Hekken, Director of Grants and Strategic Initiatives
firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-827-9725 ext 130
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation (including perceived sexual orientation), transgender status, gender identity, physical, mental or learning disability, mental illness, military or veteran status, marital or civil union partnership with
a coworker or any other status which may be protected by Federal, State or local law.
Please complete the application in its entirety and be as accurate as possible.