Job Opening – Grants & Corporate Giving Coordinator
Job Title: Grants and Corporate Giving Coordinator
Location: 318 Walking Mountains Lane, Avon CO 81620
Reports To: Director of Grants and Strategic Initiatives
Application Deadline: 7/15/20
To Apply: Please complete the form at the bottom of the page
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1998, Walking Mountains Science Center’s mission is to awaken a sense of wonder and inspire environmental stewardship and sustainability through natural science education. As part of a dynamic organization, you are part of a team of like-minded, spirited colleagues who are passionate about the mission of Walking Mountains and the impact it’s making in the community. For more information, please visit our website at www.walkingmountains.org.
The Grants Associate is a full-time year-round position that will report directly to the Director of Grants and Strategic Initiatives. Primary job responsibilities include prospect research, proposal development, grant database administration, funder recognition and reporting. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing our corporate giving program as it relates to corporate grants and program sponsorship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proposal Development
- Write, package, and edit grant proposals, maintaining consistent quality in content, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Develop corporate giving materials and meet with corporate donors on a regular basis.
- Maintain consistent reporting to funders based on program staff goals and objectives
- Write and produce a variety of content, including talking points, case studies, research narratives, presentations, op-eds, and press releases for large grant awards
- Research, develop and write inquiries, letters, proposals; prepare supporting documents; adapt existing proposals
- Ensure reporting compliance with all grant deliverables
- Write progress reports for Board of Directors and Strategic Team
- Maintain grant tracking software
- Maintain funder records in RE and in paper files, including grant tracking, cultivation and reporting
- Manage donor recognition matrix
- Collaborate with Development Associate on corporate giving program and planning and implementation of Corporate Partner Breakfast
- Assist in creation and organization of donor collateral materials i.e. impact reports, project highlights-quotes, pictures, statistics and more
- Conduct research on potential government, corporate and foundation funders to support the development of a more robust funding pipeline for key initiatives
- Assist in research on potential individual prospects
- Research leading environmental education and sustainability efforts in order to produce data-driven stories in the form of proposals and narratives
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Coordinate with program, development, and finance teams in proposal preparation and the reporting process to ensure accurate information is submitted, i.e. project deliverables, budgets, financial reports etc.
- Attend professional development workshops
- Collaborate with other programs and projects to achieve mutual goals
- Other duties, as assigned
- The ability to perform multiple tasks with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong computer skills and ability to utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Hard working, self-motivated, and creative individual with ability to manage multiple areas of responsibility.
- Ability to function as part of a team as well as independently
- A minimum of two years in development or grant writing positions is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
The job primarily is located in the office with offsite meetings and occasional events.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation and benefits are reviewed annually.
- Salary Range $33,000-$37,000
- Full Heath, Dental, Vision
- 401K match program
- Discounted ski pass
- Discounted WMSC programs
- Early access to WMSC event registration
- Access to discounted clothing and gear programs
- 15 days PTO in the first year, including two days for volunteer opportunities and 10 days of sick leave for you or to care for a member of your immediate family.
Gina Van Hekken, Director of Grants and Strategic Initiatives
firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-827-9725 ext 130
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation (including perceived sexual orientation), transgender status, gender identity, physical, mental or learning disability, mental illness, military or veteran status, marital or civil union partnership with
a coworker or any other status which may be protected by Federal, State or local law.
Please complete the application in its entirety and be as accurate as possible.