Minority-Owned Business Scholarship
The Actively Green Program is excited to play a small part in empowering business owners and celebrating diversity within our local business community here in the Eagle Valley.
Apply for the Minority-Owned Business Scholarship to be awarded three-years of Actively Green enrollment, including bronze certification fees. Three years of fees is valued at $1,000.
Actively Green is a sustainability training and certification program for all businesses, including the tourism industry. Actively Green provides a framework of sustainable business criteria and performance indicators that support any business in elevating performance with the use of best management practices specific to sustainability principles.
Two scholarships will be offered for our Actively Green Small Business Program, designed for the 20 or fewer employee enterprise owners. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Eligible scholarship applications come from businesses that display each of the following characteristics.
- Owned at least 51% by a person, or persons, who may be represented by at least one of the following.
- Identify as; Hispanic, Latino, American Indian, Alaska Native, Asian, Black, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or two or more races
- Of a disadvantaged gender identity
- A member of any group, status or identification which has historically been underrepresented or disadvantaged
- Owned by a resident of Colorado, who lives locally.
- Business is located within Eagle County.
- Business has been in operation for a minimum of one year.
If you’d like to nominate yourself or another minority business owner for the scholarship, complete the below form