Sustainable Business Training & Certification
Be a part of the community-wide movement with Actively Green.
Actively Green is a sustainability training and certification program for all businesses, including the tourism industry. Actively Green provides a framework of sustainable business criteria and performance indicators that support any business in elevating performance with the use of best management practices specific to sustainability principles.
Benefits for Actively Green
The Actively Green program:
- Engages employees in meaningful initiatives
- Enhances marketing and success stories with customers
- Recognizes your business as a community leader
- Receive free energy-efficient equipment or incentives for your business
Professional staff are available to support you on your sustainability journey through introductory and advanced level training, one-on-one coaching sessions, industry-specific workshops, providing resources in sustainability best practices, and navigating the pathway to certification.
It’s simple. Businesses of any type can participate. Participants learn how to make sustainability actionable in day-to-day operations and create action plans to drive success.
Actively Green Certified Businesses excel due to greater efficiency and improved management processes. Find out how you can get started on the journey to sustainability and the path to certification today. Join this community-wide movement by participating in one of our upcoming introductory trainings, sustainability coaching, or workshops.
History of the Program
The Actively Green Program was launched as an innovative legacy initiative of the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in Vail and Beaver Creek and implementation by local business began in November 2013. Through a partnership with the global non-profit Sustainable Travel International, the Eagle Valley has its own credible certification program and sustainability management system. The Actively Green standard is “Recognized” by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council and includes criteria based on many other accepted principles and guidelines including those developed with input from the U.N. World Tourism Organization.
Thank you to Actively Green's program partners!
Meet some of the program team members
Latest Actively Green Blog Posts
- 11 Eagle County Businesses Recognized as Colorado Environmental LeadersLast week, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment recognized 11 Eagle County businesses for outstanding environmental achievements that help protect our state. Representing 6.5% of businesses recognized statewide, each one of these entities is also a certified Actively Green business... but these 11 businesses’ outstanding efforts to excel... Read more
- Local business that 'go green' should start with small, bite-sized effortsBy Lauren Glendenning, published in the Vail Daily 8.11.2020 Brought to you by Walking Mountains Science Center From straws made out of avocado pits and citrus peels to gift-wrapping ribbon made with pure cotton fibers, water-based glue and soy-based ink, many of the products used at The Bookworm of Edwards... Read more
- Sustainability Planning WorkshopVirtually attend this workshop no matter how long your business or organization has been involved with the Actively Green Program, but make sure to attend this workshop if your business has been in the program for 3 years or longer. At this point in your business's sustainability journey, it is... Read more