Sustainable Business Training, Engagement & Certification
Be a part of the community-wide movement with Actively Green.
Actively Green is a sustainability training and certification program for all businesses, including the tourism industry. Actively Green provides a framework of sustainable business criteria and performance indicators that support any business in elevating performance with the use of best management practices specific to sustainability principles.
Benefits for Actively Green
The Actively Green program:
- Engages employees in meaningful initiatives
- Enhances marketing and success stories with customers
- Recognizes your business as a community leader
- Receive free energy-efficient equipment or incentives for your business
Professional staff are available to support you on your sustainability journey through introductory and advanced level training, one-on-one coaching sessions, industry-specific workshops, providing resources in sustainability best practices, and navigating the pathway to certification.
It’s simple. Businesses of any type can participate. Participants learn how to make sustainability actionable in day-to-day operations and create action plans to drive success.
Actively Green Certified Businesses excel due to greater efficiency and improved management processes. Find out how you can get started on the journey to sustainability and the path to certification today. Join this community-wide movement by participating in one of our upcoming introductory trainings, sustainability coaching, or workshops.
Sustainable Business Trail Map
History of the Program
The Actively Green Program was launched as an innovative legacy initiative of the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in Vail and Beaver Creek and implementation by local business began in November 2013. Through a partnership with the global non-profit Sustainable Travel International, the Eagle Valley has its own credible certification program and sustainability management system. The Actively Green standard is “Recognized” by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council and includes criteria based on many other accepted principles and guidelines including those developed with input from the U.N. World Tourism Organization.
Thank you to Actively Green's program partners!
Meet some of the program team members
Latest Actively Green Blog Posts
- Case Study: A Little Library With Big Impact: How the Town of Vail Public Library Leaves a Lasting LegacyIntroduction Like in most small towns, the local library has a large impact on residents and visitors alike. Parents visit the library with their small children for story time, teens come to find a new book or have a quiet space to do homework, adults enjoy the extensive programming the... Read more
- Case Study: Plant Conservation & Sustainable Tourism at Betty Ford Alpine GardensVulnerability in Vail ... Read more
- Case Study: Waste Diversion in the Restaurant Industry - How Root & Flower has Become a Model for others to FollowThe Spotlight... Read more