Sustainable Business Training, Engagement & Certification
Be a part of the community-wide movement with Actively Green.
Actively Green is a sustainability training and certification program for all businesses, including the tourism industry. Actively Green provides a framework of sustainable business criteria and performance indicators that support any business in elevating performance with the use of best management practices specific to sustainability principles.
Benefits for Actively Green
The Actively Green program:
- Engages employees in meaningful initiatives
- Enhances marketing and success stories with customers
- Recognizes your business as a community leader
- Receive free energy-efficient equipment or incentives for your business
Professional staff are available to support you on your sustainability journey through introductory and advanced level training, one-on-one coaching sessions, industry-specific workshops, providing resources in sustainability best practices, and navigating the pathway to certification.
It’s simple. Businesses of any type can participate. Participants learn how to make sustainability actionable in day-to-day operations and create action plans to drive success.
Actively Green Certified Businesses excel due to greater efficiency and improved management processes. Find out how you can get started on the journey to sustainability and the path to certification today. Join this community-wide movement by participating in one of our upcoming introductory trainings, sustainability coaching, or workshops.
Sustainable Business Trail Map
History of the Program
The Actively Green Program was launched as an innovative legacy initiative of the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in Vail and Beaver Creek and implementation by local business began in November 2013. Through a partnership with the global non-profit Sustainable Travel International, the Eagle Valley has its own credible certification program and sustainability management system. The Actively Green standard is “Recognized” by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council and includes criteria based on many other accepted principles and guidelines including those developed with input from the U.N. World Tourism Organization.
Thank you to Actively Green's program partners!
Meet some of the program team members
Latest Actively Green Blog Posts
- Case Study - Shaeffer Hyde: Building the Foundation for Sustainability SuccessLaying the Groundwork for Sustainability Shaeffer Hyde Construction is an award-winning construction and property management company that has been in business in the Vail Valley since 1979. Founded by George Shaeffer over 40 years ago, the business is now led by David Hyde, a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental... Read more
- The 2021 Sustainable Business AwardsThe 2021 Sustainable Business Awards are presented to Actively Green Certified Businesses Climate Impact Award: Eagle River Water & Sanitation District... Read more
- Case Study: Nerding Out on Solar - How Active Energies Solar is Going for GoldGet to Know Active Energies Active Energies Solar, LLC is a solar energy design, installation, and financing company primarily installing solar photovoltaic (PV) systems for residential and commercial customers in Eagle, Summit, Lake, Garfield and Pitkin Counties. Active Energies’ goal is to make renewable energy commonplace by increasing the accessibility... Read more