Energy Efficiency Programs
Want to save money, stay comfortable in the winter, and make the environmentally responsible choice?
Let the Energy Efficiency Programs team at Walking Mountains Science Center help you become more energy efficient!
For My Home
Looking to lower your energy consumption and bills in your home? Learn more about the resources through Energy Smart.
For My Business
Take control of energy at your business. Schedule a walk-through to decide how best to reduce your business energy footprint.
FREE Assessments & DOUBLE Rebates
Town of Vail residents and businesses are encouraged to schedule free energy assessment for:
>Free Site Visits
>Free Home Energy Assessments
>Free Energy Coaching
>DOUBLE Rebates! Up to $1,000 for Town of Vail homes
>DOUBLE Rebates! Up to $2,000 for Town of Vail businesses
Income Qualified Energy Assistance
The Energy Smart Colorado program at Walking Mountains Science Center strives to provide inclusive access to energy efficiency to all our community members. By doing so, we offer increased support to income-qualified households. There are three programs that we support in order to accomplish this goal.
- Walking Mountains Internal Assistance Program - 90% AMI or less
- Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy (CARE) Program – 80% AMI or less
- Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - low-income
Meet some of the program team members
Latest Energy Programs Blog Posts
- Lessons from Eagle County Icons & Sustainability Champions Andy Jessen, Adam Palmer and Seth BossungIf you’ve ever stood staring in front of a vibrantly colored, wildflower covered, seemingly undiscovered mountain landscape long enough to catch a bug in your mouth, you know. If you’ve ever found it impossible to stop smiling as the sun sets on your after-work mini adventure successfully squeezed into a... Read more
- Energy Smart at Walking Mountains 2020 AchievementsThe year 2020 produced exciting results for the Energy Smart Colorado program in the Eagle Valley, administered by the Energy Programs team at Walking Mountains. Overall we reached 75% of our goals, which is great considering there was a pandemic that kept us out of homes and businesses for a... Read more
- Tax Incentives for Energy EfficiencyDon’t dread tax day! This is an opportunity to cash in on all the great energy efficient projects completed all year long. Many of the participants of our home energy assessments make energy efficiency improvements on their home and may qualify for Federal income tax credits and incentives. EnergyStar lists... Read more