Energy Efficiency Programs
Want to save money, stay comfortable in the winter, and make the environmentally responsible choice?
Let the Energy Efficiency Programs team at Walking Mountains Science Center help you become more energy efficient!
For My Home
Looking to lower your energy consumption and bills in your home? Learn more about the resources through Energy Smart.
Free Radon Test Kits for Radon Action Month
January is Radon Action Month and is the perfect time to test your home because windows and doors are typically closed. In an effort to prevent lung cancer from exposure to radon gas get your free test kits at any of the following locations all month long:
- Pharmacy inside Shaw Cancer Center – 322 Beard Creek Road in Edwards
- Eagle County Environmental Health Department desk – 550 Broadway in Eagle
- El Jebel Community Center – 20 Eagle County Drive in El Jebel
- Front Desk at Walking Mountains Science Center – 318 Walking Mountains Lane in Avon
For My Business
Take control of energy at your business. Schedule a walk-through to decide how best to reduce your business energy footprint.
FREE Assessments & DOUBLE Rebates
Town of Vail residents and businesses are encouraged to schedule free energy assessment for:
>Free Site Visits
>Free Home Energy Assessments
>Free Energy Coaching
>DOUBLE Rebates! Up to $1,000 for Town of Vail homes
>DOUBLE Rebates! Up to $2,000 for Town of Vail businesses
Income Qualified Energy Assistance
Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy program (CARE) is committed to increasing comfort, creating a safer living environment, and lowering energy bills for income-qualified Coloradans. CARE leverages EOC funding, utility rebates, and local resources to provide FREE energy efficiency services to income qualified participants like appliance upgrades and air sealing which help reduce energy bills.
Meet some of the program team members
Latest Energy Programs Blog Posts
- Free Radon Test KitsIn an effort to help prevent lung cancer from exposure to radon gas, Walking Mountains Science Center has partnered with Vail Health’s Shaw Cancer Center and Eagle County’s Environmental Health Department to raise awareness and offer free radon test kits. January is Radon Action Month and is a perfect time... Read more
- Actively Green 2020 Award Winners... Read more
- Heating Your Home This WinterThe days are short, frost is in the air, and the cold is making its way into your home. Or, maybe the heat within your home is escaping faster than it can be replaced. It’s not uncommon to feel like you need a little supplemental heat during the winter to... Read more