Energy Efficiency Programs
Want to save money, stay comfortable in the winter, and make the environmentally responsible choice?
Let the Energy and Buildings team at Walking Mountains Science Center help you become more energy efficient!
For My Home
Looking to lower your utility bills and learn more about energy efficiency in your home?
For My Business
Take control of energy at your business. Schedule a walkthrough to decide how best to reduce your business energy footprint.
Low-Moderate Income (LMI) Household Assistance
Walking Mountains strives to provide inclusive access to energy efficiency to all our community members. By doing so, we offer increased support to income-qualified households. There are three programs that we support in order to accomplish this goal.
> Walking Mountains Internal Low to Moderate Income Assistance Program - 120% Area Median Income (AMI) or less
> Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy (CARE) Program – 80% AMI or less
> Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - Federal low-income assistance
> Click HERE to see if you qualify
SOLARIZE Eagle County
If you’ve been looking to install solar at your home or business, Solarize Eagle County can provide:
- A time-limited, community program that will empower you with the knowledge and confidence to have solar and battery storage installed, decrease your carbon footprint, build resilience, and save money;
- An understanding of the solar process, and your eligibility for rebates from the Energy Smart Colorado program and Holy Cross Energy; and
- Predetermined tiered pricing & flat discounts to all participants so you can understand what potential costs may look like even before you get a solar site assessment.
Radon in Homes
Did you know that Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers in the United States? It occurs naturally and can build up in any enclosed building - especially in the winter when doors and windows are closed for heating and fresh air ventilation is reduced. Read more to learn more about what radon is and how you can protect yourself and your family from its harmful effects!
Meet some of the program team members
Latest Energy Programs Blog Posts
- Press Release: Walking Mountains to Launch Eagle County’s Solarize Program to support growth of a local solar marketFor Immediate Release: 03-21-2022... Read more
- Edwards Metro District Partners with Energy Smart Colorado to Incentivize Efficiency & Electrification Upgrades for Residents & BusinessesEdwards Metro District partners with the Energy Smart Colorado program at Walking Mountains Science Center to provide $50 home energy assessments, free energy coaching to homes and businesses, and increased rebate offerings to Edwards Metro District residents and businesses... Read more
- New Report Illuminates Tri-County Solar and Storage PotentialSometimes it baffles me that solar energy wasn’t harnessed for power in an effective way decades ago. I’m stating the obvious here, but the sun is the start of the energy cycle most life forms depend on. Oh, and it is limitless – or renewable, as the kids say –... Read more