7th/8th Grade Summer CampsRegister
Walking Mountains’ 7th/8th grade summer camps are just as much about personal development as they are fun and learning! All Summer Science Camps are age-appropriate and taught by qualified natural science educators that make learning safe and fun.
During our weeklong day camps, campers will experience the wild places of the Eagle River Valley while nurturing their connection to the natural world through daily excursions in our summer camp vans to different sites. While most of the places we travel to are within Eagle County, we do go as far as Leadville, Glenwood, and McCoy to access sites with relevancy to certain camps.
All overnight camps are based out of one of the historic 10th Mountain Division hut system.
*Due to especially high demand, camps for kids entering 7th and 8th grades are nearing capacity. If a camp you are interested in is full, we encourage you to join the waitlist. Last summer, we had many spots become available and we anticipate that this will be the case again this summer.*
2022 Waitlist Policy
Waitlists for summer science camp will be fulfilled based on the following criteria:
1) Due to high demand, many scholarship recipients have been unable to enroll in camp. Scholarship recipients currently on the waitlist will be enrolled in the order they were received in the interest of making our camps more accessible to the entire community.
2) We strive to offer camps to everyone in our community. If there are no scholarship recipients waitlisted for a camp we will work to enroll campers that are not currently enrolled in any other Walking Mountains camps.
3) If there is no one on the waitlist who meets either of the above criteria, we will contact people based on the order they signed up for the waitlist.
4) When a space becomes available, we will contact you via email or phone to secure a camp spot.
5) If we have not been able to fill camp spots within a week of the start of the camp, the camp spots will go public. Everyone on the waitlist will receive an email so that they’re the first to know. Spots will be claimed on a first come, first served basis.
Avon: June 27 – July 1 ($300)
Many of the incredible inventions in our world today like cameras, rockets, and medical devices were inspired by nature. Explore the impressive ways nature solves problems with its designs. This is the perfect camp for youth interested in anatomy, physiology, art, and/or engineering.
Overnight Hut Trip ($350)
Avon: July 18 – July 20 (Fowler-Hilliard Hut)
Take a leap outside of your comfort zone by joining us on a two night hut trip where you will discover your own leadership style. Through group challenges, exciting games, and exploration in nature, you will learn how you can lead the way. Life is full of opportunities to make a difference!
Overnight Hut Trip ($350)
Avon: July 25 – July 27 (Uncle Bud’s Hut)
Youth have the power to create everlasting change! Join us for a two night hut trip where campers learn about the positive impacts young people can have in the world just by following what they’re already passionate about. Campers will have the option to use a variety of mediums (including visual art, videography, writing, and even TikTok!) to create their own meaningful media.