Actively Green Trainings
The training curriculum was developed in collaboration with the global nonprofit Sustainable Travel International and Walking Mountains Science Center. Sessions focus on fundamentals of business sustainability practices and certification criteria. Participants learn to use a Sustainability Management System to do an assessment of their current management practices and create an action plan.
• Develop a deeper understanding of sustainability best practices
• Learn new tools to implement sustainability in daily operations
• Complete a sustainable business self-assessment and action plan
• Prepare for the Actively Green Sustainable Business Certification
• Tap into a growing network of other sustainability professionals and community leaders
REGISTER HERE Wednesday, November 11, 2-4:30pm Sign up two of your employees free of charge for the introductory training. Register for your intro session below. Looking to take an […]
Workshops and Events: Click on the title of the event to register.
Free for all staff of certified businesses and Vail Valley Partnership members; Please note your certified status and/or VVP membership will be verified. For non-certified business, please contact the Actively Green team at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
REGISTER HERE Wednesday, December 2 from 2:30-4:30PM In this workshop Nina Waysdorf, Walking Mountains' very own Sustainability Programs Coordinator for Zero Waste who has been studying waste in the […]
During the month of October, our Sustainability Programs Coordinator for Actively Green will be hosting a co-working opportunity for businesses to come share best practices with fellow sustainable businesses, brainstorm ideas and solutions, troubleshoot challenges, or spend time picking Kate’s brain about resources for anything from mattress recycling options to parent company sustainability policies & goals.
October 2020: Co-Working Opportunities
- Every Tuesday from 10:00am-2:00pm @ the Vail Public Library No Registration Required
- Every Wednesday from 8:00-11:00 am @ The Bookworm of Edwards No Registration Required
- Every Friday from 1:00-4:00 pm @ Two Arrows No Registration Required