Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy (CARE) Program
In partnership with Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC) and Northwest Colorado Council of Governments (NWCCOG), Energy Smart Colorado at Walking Mountains and the CARE program can offer other free services for income-qualified households that make less than 80% annual median income for Eagle County.
- FREE Home Energy Assessment
- FREE Energy Upgrades:
- Furnace/Boiler Tune-Up & Safety Check
- Insulation & Air Sealing Measures
- High-Efficiency Fridge and/or Water Heater
- Programmable Thermostats
- Water Saving Measures (Low-Flow Faucet Aerators/Showerheads)
- Homeowners and Renters (need landlord approval)
- Families, couples, singles, and seniors
- Single-family homes, townhomes, condos, apartments and mobile homes
- Households earning up to 80% of area median income (income verification required for eligibility).
How to get started:
- Apply online HERE OR Click here to download and print the application, submit it, and then wait for approval. (Contact info for submitting is at the bottom of the application.) You can also pick one up at Walking Mountains Science Center: 318 Walking Mountains Ln, Avon.
- An Energy Smart coach will contact you to schedule a free home visit.
- Your coach will help you address the energy needs of your home, at no cost to you.
Need more information? If you have questions or need help with the application process, please contact:
Energy Smart Colorado at Walking Mountains Science Center
Income Qualification: 80% annual median income for Eagle County
|# in home:|
Household Income (Max)