Rebates & Incentives
Your Rebate Checklist
- Schedule a Home Energy Assessment or Business Energy Walk-Through
(If you have had an Assessment or Walk-Through in the past you do not need to conduct a second one to apply for rebates)
- Connect with an Energy Coach from Walking Mountains to answer questions and plan your project to maximize available rebates and incentives
- Review rebate requirements for your project
- Fill out the rebate application (before starting your project)
- Provide photos/documentation
- Explore additional rebates available from local utility partners
Rebates are valid for the entire Eagle River Valley.
$3,000/year Residential Rebate
$7,500/year Business/Multifamily Building Rebate
$5,000/year Low-Moderate Income Rebate
Solar PV Rebates
For 2023 in unincorporated Eagle County, Walking Mountains will match the rebate incentive you receive from Holy Cross Energy or Xcel energy.
If you need an electrical upgrade to accommodate a new solar or battery storage system, we will rebate 25% of the cost up to $3,000.
*Stipulations apply and rebates are not available for all Eagle County residents.
Low-Moderate-Income (LMI) Household Incentives
Walking Mountains strives to provide inclusive access to energy efficiency to all our community members. By doing so, we offer increased support to income-qualified households. There are three programs that we support in order to accomplish this goal.
> Walking Mountains Internal Low to Moderate Income Assistance Program - 150% Area Median Income (AMI) or less
> Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy (CARE) Program – 80% AMI or less
> Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - Federal low-income assistance
Municipality Specific Incentives (Vail, Avon, Eagle, and unincorporated Eagle County)
Many towns and municipalities throughout Eagle County are offering increased rebates and incentives including the Town of Vail, Town of Avon, Unincorporated Eagle County and Town of Eagle.
Meet some of the program team members