Colorado Rebates & Incentives
Your Eagle County, Colorado, Energy Rebate Checklist
- Schedule a Home Energy Assessment or Business Energy Walk-Through
(If you have had an Assessment or Walk-Through in the past you do not need to conduct a second one to apply for rebates)
- Connect with an Energy Coach from Walking Mountains to answer questions and plan your project in Eagle County to maximize available Colorado rebates and incentives
- Review Colorado rebate requirements for your project
- Fill out the Colorado rebate application (before starting your project)
- Provide photos/documentation
- Explore additional Colorado energy rebates available from local utility partner
If you would prefer to explore all of our Colorado rebate options as a PDF please click HERE.
Colorado Rebates Available
Colorado energy rebates are valid for the entire Eagle River Valley.
$3,000/year Residential Rebate
$7,500/year Business/Multifamily Building Rebate
$5,000/year Low-Moderate Income Rebate
Solar PV Rebates
For 2023 in unincorporated Eagle County, Walking Mountains will match the Colorado rebate incentive you receive from Holy Cross Energy or Xcel energy.
If you need an electrical upgrade to accommodate a new solar or battery storage system, we will rebate 25% of the cost up to $3,000.
*Stipulations apply and solar and storage rebates are not available for all Eagle County residents.
Low-Moderate-Income (LMI) Household Colorado Energy Incentives
Walking Mountains strives to provide inclusive access to energy efficiency to all our community members. By doing so, we offer increased support to income-qualified households. There are three programs that we support in order to accomplish this goal.
> Walking Mountains Internal Low to Moderate Income Assistance Program - 150% Area Median Income (AMI) or less
> Colorado’s Affordable Residential Energy (CARE) Program – 80% AMI or less
> Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - Federal low-income assistance
Municipality Specific Colorado Energy Incentives (Vail, Avon, Eagle, and unincorporated Eagle County)
Many towns and municipalities throughout Eagle County are offering increased rebates and incentives including the Town of Vail, Town of Avon, Unincorporated Eagle County and Town of Eagle.