Solarize Eagle County
What is Solarize Eagle County?
If you’ve been looking to install solar at your home or business, Solarize Eagle County can provide:
- A time-limited, community program that will empower you with the knowledge and confidence to have solar and battery storage installed, decrease your carbon footprint, build resilience, and save money;
- An understanding of the solar process, and your eligibility for rebates from the Energy Smart Colorado program and Holy Cross Energy; and
- Predetermined tiered pricing & flat discounts to all participants so you can understand what potential costs may look like even before you get a solar site assessment;
- Rebates for Low-Moderate Income (LMI) households.
Brighten up your 2022 and go solar! Registration is open now through July 8, 2022.
Partner Installer: Active Energies Solar
- Enroll for Solarize Eagle County to get a free solar site assessment (no-obligation registration). See if you qualify for our Low-Moderate Income Program.
- Receive a customized proposal. Decide if solar and storage is right for you.
- Sign a contract with the installer by July 8, 2022.
- Get a Free Home Energy Assessment & Receive Utility Approval.
- Get your Solar system installed, and connect to the grid.
- Get a rebate from Energy Smart Colorado (if eligible*) and Holy Cross Energy.
- Tell your neighbors. Solarize is a community program. Everyone gets a discount!
- Celebrate clean, renewable energy!
- Federal Tax Credits: The federal solar tax credit allows you to deduct 26 percent of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes.
- Increase the value of your home without increasing property tax: Thanks to the state’s sales tax exemption Colorado homeowners who install solar energy don’t have to pay a dime in property taxes on the thousands of dollars solar adds to the value of your home.
- Helps support local climate and renewable energy goals: The Climate Action Collaborative for Eagle County has a goal of 50% Greenhouse Gas Reduction by 2030 (from a 2014 baseline), and people who Solarize help our community achieve this goal.
- Make your home or business more resilient by adding battery storage: With storage, your space is self-powered during an outage. And with different program options available from Holy Cross Energy, you have more control over your energy use and its cost. Additional rebates and financial incentives are available from Holy Cross Energy and Walking Mountains.
Many Solarize Eagle County participants choose to finance their systems with no money out of pocket. If you have Xcel Energy for electricity, typically, the monthly on-bill credit you receive from Xcel Energy will offset the recurring financing costs.
There are solar and storage rebates available for Eagle County residents. See below for options and contact the Walking Mountains Energy & Buildings Team with questions!